Episode 9 – 19 August 2015
- Dyson Heydon – not looking good. Comparisons to Gillian Triggs and Tim Carmody.
- FIRIS – gets media time and … stuffs it.
- Nick Kyrgios syndrome – no shame anymore, The big tent is now a bunch of little tents and you will always find someone to agree with you.
- You cannot be Kyrgios – We find an Aboriginal religious nutter.
- Gay Marriage – The driving force of opponents is religious belief but they hide behind “childrens rights” and “tradition”.
- Q&A – Good on you Sam Dastyari
- Steve Austin on ABC radio Brisbane gives a free ride to a bible basher.
- Scott Morrison – If given a chance, this Pentecostal will take the country even further to the religious right.
Dyson Heydon – Hey we were first to question him. Just because you are a good appellate court judge does not mean you are good at everything. See episode 4. http://johnmenadue.com/blog/?p=3012
Comparison with Triggs http://www.smh.com.au/comment/peter-fitzsimons-they-said-it-20150814-gizi8c.html and Carmody http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/chief-justice-tim-carmody-denies-bias-against-brett-peter-cowan-20150424-1mss3e.html
FIRIS gets media time and … stuffs it. https://au.tv.yahoo.com/sunrise/video/watch/29240501/religion-in-schools-sparks-unholy-row/
Some people know no shame and here is why http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/aug/16/nick-kyrgios-outburst-symptom-of-coarsening-of-public-life
What really lies behind conservative opposition to same-sex marriage?https://theconversation.com/what-really-lies-behind-conservative-opposition-to-same-sex-marriage-46011
Everyone wants to be a victim http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2015/aug/18/qa-discrimination-same-sex-marriage-cuts-both-ways?CMP=ema_632
Eight of 19 cabinet members are Catholic http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/coalition-celebrates-a-religious-easter-eight-of-19-cabinet-members-are-catholic-20140419-36xn4.html
Religious and ethnic analysis of marginal seats used in same-sex marriage debate. http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-08-12/middleton-relgious-and-ethnic-analysis-used-in-marriage-debate/6692530 but others say Christians actually back same sex marriage and ACL does not represent them http://www.theage.com.au/comment/christian-australia-is-ready-for-marriage-equality-20150816-gj0dcf.html
Steve Austin on ABC radio gives a free ride to a bible basher http://blogs.abc.net.au/queensland/2015/08/john-dickson-a-doubters-guide-to-the-bible.html?site=brisbane&program=612_morning
And Q&A imports an American nutter https://newmatilda.com//2015/08/18/who-cares-if-katy-faust-and-co-are-bigots-theyre-delusional-either-way
Where is the hard core debate on issues where people get crunched if they hold crazy ideas?
Bad polls for Abbott – leading the Whitlam government of our time? watch out for Scott Morrison http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2015/aug/17/coalition-facing-huge-election-defeat-after-horror-weeks-latest-poll-shows?CMP=ema_632